A Fun and Simple Idea to Keep Track of All The Games and Songs You Teach!

This is a simple idea to keep track of all the games and songs you teach during the school year. I use different containers and baskets for each grade level. I use clothespins and glue happy faces on the top to make them cute and give them some character. I use permanent markers to write the names of the songs and games we've learned during the school year. You could do this during the school year and gradually add the clothespins  to the basket. 


I use this idea at the beginning of the class as a warm up, for game day, or simply to end a unit. Before using this activity I collect all the props necessary for each game or song: bingo, memory games, balls, or any material needed to make this happen.



Playing the game
I do this in two different ways. Sometimes I just call a volunteer to pick a random clothespin. I also have the class sit in a circle and then pass a ball in the circle while playing music. I close my eyes while stopping the music, and whoever has the ball at that time will choose the activity from the basket. 
To keep track of the games and songs we've done, I just place the clothespin on the top of the container just as you see it in the picture below.


Give it a try, and you will be amazed to see how much you have done with your classes.

Have fun singing and playing!
Carolina


Labels: ,