Visiting a Supermarket in Colombia

Every year when I travel to Colombia to visit my family, I try to take as many pictures and short videos as I can to share with my students in my classes. They are always curious to know about Colombia and always get very excited to see what I have to share with them. I've taken a few of those videos and pictures and am sharing them with you here so you can share them with your students too!

The supermarket is always a very fun and interesting unit, especially because I love teaching about a variety of fruits that are common in Colombia but not so well-known in most of North America. It is also an opportunity for students to compare the markets in their own cultural settings and that of Colombia. We have traditional markets where small, family farmers travel to the big cities to bring fresh products, but we also have supermarkets like Carrefour, Exito, and La 14. On this trip, I took a video in a Carrefour supermarket in Cali, Colombia. I am always very excited about the amounts of fresh and delicious fruits and vegetables I can find at great prices. You can find everything you need in a supermarket here - fresh food, clothes, everything you need for school, refrigetators, iPads, computers, etc. You don't need to go to different places, you will find everything in one place!



A Mall in Cali, Colombia


Picture: los tomates

Picture: los bananos y los aguacates


Picture: la piƱa

Picture: la sandia y la guanabana

Picture: el mango

Picture: la papaya

Have fun teaching in Spanish!
Carolina

The pictures here are property of Fun for Spanish Teachers and are available for classroom use only. Please contact me directly if you wish to use them in a different way. If you use them in a blog post you must give credit to my site www.FunforSpanishTeachers.com 




Labels: , , ,